School holidays always seem to roll around so quickly, I barely have time to catch my breath. Rather than spend the days at home, I love going out and exploring all that Sydney and surrounding areas have to offer. Here are some great things you can do with your kids during the next school holidays.
1. Go bodysurfing or boogie boarding at one of Sydney’s great surf beaches. We have so many to choose from:
There are plenty more, but these should get you started
2. Go snorkelling or collecting shells at Sydney’s sheltered beaches. These beaches are particularly suitable for families with young children, as they have no waves. Kids can easily swim or collect shells and bring them home to make great artwork or they can collect twigs, rocks and other treasures to make sand art on the beach. And when your kids have created great artwork, take a photo and display it in a frame. These beaches are particularly suitable:
3. Feed kangaroos at Koala Park Sanctuary. Located at Castle Hill Road, West Pennant Hills, this is a must visit, especially if you have children who love animals. You will be able to pet koalas, get photos taken and feed kangaroos. Awesome day for the whole family.
4. Head over to Darling Harbour for plenty of adventures – Visit Sydney Aquarium, catch a movie at IMAX theatre, explore Sydney Wildlife World, check out celebrities at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
5. If your children like to scooter or skate, take them to one of the great Skate Parks: Monster Skatepark, Homebush
St Ives Skatepark
Maroubra Beach Skatepark
6. Go bike riding at Centennial Park or Bicentennial Park Both parks have playgrounds and cafes, where you can relax after a bit of exercise.
7. Play tourist and venture up to Sydney Tower for spectacular views of the city or walk across Sydney Harbour bridge and enjoy stunning views of Sydney Opera House.